Skip to main content

Travel to campus

It is your responsibility to arrange flight tickets to Hawaii when you come to school. Please be aware of the program start date on your certificate of eligibility. The program start date is different from the semester start date. Per requirements from the U.S. Department of State, you must travel to campus within 30 days of the start date listed on your DS-2019 or I-20. F-1 and J-1 initial students may not enter the U.S. more than 30 days before their program start date, or anytime after that date.

Attempting to travel into the United States after the program start date will result in complications at U.S. Customs and Border Control and may hinder your ability to come into the country. Likewise, do not attempt to travel into the states more than 30 days before your program start date.

BYUH International Student Services is not liable for any repercussions that result from non-compliance. As an international student, it is your responsibility to be aware of and obey travel regulations and restrictions.

Required Documents for Travel

  • A valid, unexpired passport.
  • A valid, unexpired student visa (except citizens of Canada and Bermuda).
  • A valid, unexpired Form I-20 or DS-2019.

Additional Documentation May Be Required Icluding

  • Proof of funding.
  • Proof of admissions.
  • SEVIS fee receipt.
  • Documentation indicating your intent to depart the United States upon completion of your program.

For travel from the airport to the campus in Laie, you may book a shuttle through North Shore Express.