Before Arrival

Pay the required SEVIS fee (I-901) and keep proof of payment with your immigration papers.

After receiving either an I-20 Form or DS-2019 form from BYU-Hawaii, use the form to apply for your visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. After you obtain your visa, you will be able to travel to a U.S. port of entry.
For more information and clarification regarding visa application, click here.

Register for your classes:
Because your native language is not English, when you arrive on campus you will be given a placement test to determine your language proficiency. You may be required to enroll in the English Language (EIL) Program. You will be able to register for classes after this test.

As a new student, you are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States and at all times while you are here. Your passport must expire no earlier than 6 months of arrival to the United States. 

It is a good idea to exchange currency for U.S. dollars before your departure, but you should not travel with large amounts of cash.