Before Arrival

Pay the required SEVIS fee (I-901) and keep proof of payment with your immigration papers.

After receiving either an I-20 Form or DS-2019 form from BYU-Hawaii, use the form to apply for your visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. After you obtain your visa, you will be able to travel to a U.S. port of entry.
Applying for a visa and other detailed visa information
Visa appointment strategies 

Register for your classes:
It is important that you register for classes before coming to school. You can find information regarding required classes for your major through your academic advisor.

You must have a passport valid at least six months into the future from the time you plan to enter the U.S. 

It is a good idea to exchange currency for U.S. dollars before your departure, but you should not travel with large amounts of cash.